State of the World 2014: Governing for Sustainability Launch & Symposium
Join the Worldwatch Institute for the release of its latest edition of the annual publication State of the World 2014: Governing for Sustainability, on Tuesday April 29, in Washington, D.C.
This year’s edition marks the Worldwatch Institute’s 40th anniversary and discusses the importance of reclaiming legitimate governance as a means to reach a more sustainable world.
Speakers this year include:
- Project Co-directors Michael Renner and Tom Prugh
- Keynote speaker David Orr, Paul Sears Distinguished Professor of Environmental Studies and Politics at Oberlin College
and contributing authors:
- Gar Alperovitz, co-founder of the Democracy Collaborative
- Petra Bartosiewicz, freelance journalist and author of the book The Best Terrorists We Could Find
- Colleen Cordes, Director of Outreach and Development for the Nature Institute in Ghent, New York
- Thomas Palley, currently the Schwartz Economic Growth Fellow at the New America Foundation
- Sean Sweeney, director and founder of the Global Labor Institute at the Cornell School of Industrial and labor Relations in New York City
Please RSVP for the event here. For those who can’t make the event in person, we invite you to participate on the day of the event via free live webstream on the Worldwatch website. Register for the livestream here.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
1:00pm - 5:00pm
1st Floor Conference Room
1400 16th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Please email Grant Potter at email@example.com if you have any questions.