State of the World 2013: Is Sustainability Still Possible? Launch & Symposium
On Tuesday, April 16, the Worldwatch Institute will release the latest edition of its annual flagship publication, State of the World 2013: Is Sustainability Still Possible?, in Washington, D.C.
The event will feature some of the book's key contributors, who will share their expertise and ideas on the three main themes of the book, discussing how the term "sustainability" should be measured, how we can attain it, and how we can prepare if we fall short. A reception with food and refreshments will follow the event.
For those of you who are unable to make it in person for the launch, we invite you sign up now and come back to participate via free live webstream on the Worldwatch website on the day of the symposium.
Speakers will include (Download the full program here):
- Worldwatch President Robert Engelman
- Project Co-director Erik Assadourian
- Project Co-director Tom Prugh
as well as contributing authors...
- Jennie Moore of the British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Pat Murphy of the Arthur Morgan Institute for Community Solutions
- Science fiction author Kim Stanley Robinson
*** Registration for the Symposium is now closed, please join us via live webstream on April 16th***