Climate and Energy Media and Communications Internship
Type: Internship, unpaid
Duration: 3 months, full-time or part-time (20–30 hours a week)
Start Date: Immediate (flexible)
Position Summary:The Climate and Energy Media and Communications Internship is a great opportunity to hone some of the most marketable skills in the communications field. The intern will work closely with the Communications and Climate and Energy teams to monitor and analyze the department’s media outreach activities. Responsibilities include: drafting blogs and opinion pieces, communicating Worldwatch’s climate and energy work with reporters, maintaining the team’s social media presence, drafting the team’s monthly newsletter, and maintaining and enhancing the team’s blog site. Interns will have the opportunity to have their articles published in major news outlets, gain experience in writing opinion editorials and blog articles, do effective reporter outreach, and learn effective social media strategies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, preferably experience reporting on climate and energy issues for newspapers, journals, and other publications
- Experience with web and library research
- Experience drafting blog articles (opinion editorials a plus)
- Coursework reflecting interest and knowledge of the environment and renewable energy
- A curiosity about how the environment relates to social, political, and economic realities and a capacity to see connections across fields and specialties
- Attention to detail and an ability to carefully and accurately document authoritative sources for all information gathered
- Previous experience dealing with reporters is a plus
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Supriya Kumar at email@example.com with "Climate and Energy Communications Internship Application" in the subject line. The recruitment process is open until positions are filled. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will contact only those persons selected for an interview. No phone calls please.