Watch the launch of State of the World 2014
Worldwatch Institute released its latest edition of the annual publication State of the World 2014: Governing for Sustainability, on Tuesday April 29, in Washington, D.C.
This year’s edition marks the Worldwatch Institute’s 40th anniversary and discusses the importance of reclaiming legitimate governance as a means to reach a more sustainable world.
Speakers this year included:
- Project Co-directors Michael Renner and Tom Prugh
- Keynote speaker David Orr, Paul Sears Distinguished Professor of Environmental Studies and Politics at Oberlin College
and contributing authors:
- Gar Alperovitz, co-founder of the Democracy Collaborative
- Petra Bartosiewicz, freelance journalist and author of the book The Best Terrorists We Could Find
- Colleen Cordes, Director of Outreach and Development for the Nature Institute in Ghent, New York
- Thomas Palley, currently the Schwartz Economic Growth Fellow at the New America Foundation
- Sean Sweeney, director and founder of the Global Labor Institute at the Cornell School of Industrial and labor Relations in New York City